Having a design idea and a vision of how I want the form of a piece to look when it’s finished is only part on my design journey.
One of the most difficult aspects of working in anodised aluminium is colour choice.
Decisions to make such as;
- Everything one colour to purely highlight 3D form?
- Combination of colours and if so what?
- Complimentary, tonal or contrasting colour?
- Colour highlights anywhere?
- What colour materials (metal) do I have ready to use and is there enough for what I need?
All those decisions before I even start making!